Sunday, 29 November 2009

Busy busy...

Last weekend was the biannual COBCC challenge ride. Format was just like a mini-sportive without the timing (choice of 30 and 50 mile routes, excellent signage, free tea and cakes, insurance etc), all for a fiver. We had 105 riders so that means 105 quid to charity , and almost enough left after the insurance and printing etc for the club to buy a tea urn for the next one - happy days.

From communte, COBCC reliability and bobby night ride nov 2009


Mega thanks to Deadly Nedly who lent us his tandem to facilitiate us getting in the mix. We had a great time and did a shortened route so 'Charlie' (the unborn one) didn't run out of gas. 7 months now and counting :) Notice P's slighty unsure expression... would you want to get on a tandem piloted by me?

From communte, COBCC reliability and bobby night ride nov 2009


I'm now on 8 and 32. I've also been broken by this hill:

From communte, COBCC reliability and bobby night ride nov 2009


Gears have been fitted and I hang my head in shame! Still, it doesn't matter what gear you ride, it's always worth it to see this at 7 am.

From communte, COBCC reliability and bobby night ride nov 2009


Finally - nipped up to sunny Mansfield to get looked after by Gill + Rob & to get beasted by Rob's alter ego Bobby-J. He dragged me to the trails for a spot of night riding and it all came flooding back to me. It's been ages since I've ridden my mtb and even longer since I've ridden off road a night. What a rush :)

From communte, COBCC reliability and bobby night ride nov 2009


In classic Bobby style, notice how the mud doesn't stick to him. Now that's Pro!

From communte, COBCC reliability and bobby night ride nov 2009

No comments: