Sunday, 31 May 2009

Pleasure and Pain...

Both days this weekend I've mixed pleasure and pain and have had a brilliant time :) Saturday was the 5th edition of my Dad's biannual birthday walk and it was fantastic to catch up with so many family members and enjoy beautiful Cotswold countryside... with perfect weather it was picture postcard stuff.

From dads walk and Divisional RR Champs May 2009


The now traditional red balloons could be seen snaking their way through the lanes and footpaths as the group of 20 ambled their way along the route.

From dads walk and Divisional RR Champs May 2009


There was pain though... my feet were in bits, blister city. Yum.

Sunday was the Divisional (regional) RR champs. P and lots of COBCC riders were in the 3/4 cat race.

From dads walk and Divisional RR Champs May 2009


Fair play to all for stepping up to the toughest 3/4 race of the season with the toughest course, the toughest weather (hot!) and the toughest competition. P had a great race and finished in the top 20, result.

By the virtue of having some points I was bumped to the E/1/2/3 race and got a bit of an education. 88 miles with 1500 m of climbing and I still havn't quite managed to shake the mountainbiker inside me who's only racing if he's working. To be honest though that wasn't the reason I didn't win. I didn't win because 13 guys were fitter, faster and smarter than me. It certainly wasn't due to a lack of kit (thanks to Clive for the Zipp 808 and 404 combo - zoom zoom!) or a lack of support (P and Clive again for bottling).

Proof I tried my hardest... a genuine 1000 yard stare. Captured by P at the finish :)

From dads walk and Divisional RR Champs May 2009


Think I'll have a day off tomorrow!

No comments: