Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday or...

Pancake Day!

It doesn't matter what you call it. To me, it's my favourite random celebration day of the year.

Now, I've always been a fan of the humble British style pancake. A bit thicker than a Crepe, but with a taste and flipability that distinguishes it from all others.

However in 1997 I fell in love with another... and for that I thank Jeff G. With no more than a personal recommendation from my brother he took me in for a week and truly educated me as to the American way of road trips, mountain biking and, of course, food. A week I'll remember forever... Amasa Back, The Portal, Slickrock, The Pipeline, Trail 401 and of course the 'Stack'.

This is my seasonal salute to you Jeff... thanks!

From pancake day 2009

No comments: