Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Poor...

performance on the blogging front. Not clever, but the end of term stress has been sucking my will to live (and that has a knock on effect on the desire to blog). December is a time of year when the balance is never right, no matter what I try to do more/less of. This year I tried not to fight it, which turned out to be a much more effective strategy.

I also committed to my first commute of 2008. Yes, it's a little late in the year but hopefully I can get into a rhythm through 09. It's harder now I car share, I know the total Carbon footprint won't change whether I ride or not (as my car-buddy will drive anyway) - at least I now know I ride because it's great just to ride.

From first commute of 08 (dec 08)


Dark all the way there, dark all the way home. 50 min & 500 m of climbing each way. I like it like that.


The Xmas party season has also given me opportunity to brush up on my eating at various work/family do's:

From adams family xmas 2008


& my moves... although I'm still not quite there yet...



I've also been committing to the 'less is more' philosophy. I'm quite a big fan of the sine wave approach to life. I like the rapid transitions from one plan to another, it keeps things interesting. Right now I'm moving from a 'plan and prepare' approach to riding/racing and whatnot to a 'see what happens - Big Lebowski' style. Interesting to see how it pans out.

ps - you see that 'Follow this blog' thing to the right of this post...? Click on it.

No comments: