Sunday, 20 April 2008

Road racing is....

a funny old game. I've had a really good day today, racing with the Team and working hard. It's good to race with so many friends. But I was thinking...

Most of the time it's not the fittest person who wins, but the smartest (although you can insert laziest, most cunning, biggest freeloader here if you wish). It's not that I'm bitter, I go into every road race knowing the situation... it's just that I finish with a funny feeling.

I guess a better way to explain it is that at the end of a mtb/running/cross/triathlon race you cross the line and the outcome is clear, the person in front of you was fitter... the person behind less so.

Road racing on the other hand actively encourages those 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' thoughts that really aren't very helpful or productive. I suppose that's what makes it so addictive to some...

But not me :)

No comments: