Sunday, 20 January 2008

Change of plans...

P's sick so the weekends plans needed some modification. Instead of 4 hrs on the road and 3 hrs on the mtb it turned into 2 hrs on the road and... 3 1/2 hrs on the road. All good, but no plan incorporated this:



For those of you not familiar with CyclingPeaks (most of my trans-continental readership, I would imagine) this can easily be translated as 'hard work' (3 1/2 hrs, NP of 250W, TSS of 224. Throughout the ride I just kept the thousand yard stare (at which i am a trained pro, see below) at bay.



Oh, and just as a bit of a name drop (and not that i'm trying to make up for the lack of relevent and topical photos) - here's me boring Tinker (who is a shoe-in for the 'Top-Ten worlds nicest people' awards) with my family history...



Needless to say, I was doing the 24hr race as part of a team, he was doing it solo. He went past me on the first climb in his big ring, and was polite enough to wish me luck. I want to hate him... but can't :)

No comments: